Mr. Rupert Mok
Rupert Mok graduated in the Master of BioMedical Engineering at University of New South Wales, Australia in 1984 and has developed his career in the field of medical devices with various roles as service engineer, sales & marketing executive, general manager and regional marketing manager in Asia Pacific for multinational companies.
His specialty is in cardiology with experience in diagnostic and monitoring equipment, ultrasound scanners, heart-lung machine for open heart surgery, vascular balloons & stents in percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) and implantable pacemakers and defibrillators.
Rupert participated in pacemaker implants operations in catherization theatre and follow up clinics. He interacted with doctors and patients to optimize the functions of pacemakers.
Rupert introduced remote monitoring (Cloud based) of heart failure patients with implantable defibrillators in Grantham Hospital and other Asia countries in 2011-2012.
Currently, Rupert focuses to contribute to the medical device industry and hold the following positions:
- Vincent Medical Holdings Limited: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Innovation and Technology Commission: Member of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) Research Project Assessment Panel (Biotechnology) and Enterprise Support Scheme (ESS) Assessment Panel Assessor
- Hong Kong Medical and Healthcare Device Industries Association: Secretary General (2016-2022), Treasurer and Executive Board Member
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology: Industrial Advisor on Undergraduate Program in BioEngineering
Based on Rupert’s research, he presented the Topic “The Smart Wearable Medical Devices- Clinical Applications and Challenges” in various occasions including
- Ophthalmology Futures Forum
- Smart City by Hong Kong Productivity Council
- Engineering Medical Innovation (EMedI) Summit: Medicine for the Future 2016, The Chinese University of Hong Kong